I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Found a new favorite spot in the sun on the green chair.
My mommy is one of those people that worries and worries about what she is feeding her animals.  She even cooks the birds' food.  You can find one of her recipes for bird bread here.

When I first came to live with her she bought me Iams.  Then she started doing her research (which she is obsessive about, she had always thought Iams was good, but she wants to be sure, she wants to give me the best nutrition she could).  I didn't like the Iams at all.  She called my foster mommy and asked what I had been eating and she told her that I ate Blue Buffalo Dry Dog Food.
Mom went right to the pet store and bought Blue Buffalo Longevity Dry Food.  She watched every move I made and would I eat it?  No, not really.  She didn't know if I wasn't eating because I was nervous, or because I didn't like it, or if it was because I was watching for anything the littlest boy would drop on the floor.  I'll never tell her which it was, I got spoiled a little more because of it!
Remember, I am missing a few teeth from my jaw being broke as a puppy at the puppy mill.  She worried that it bothered me to it the dry dog food even though my foster mommy told her that I ate it just fine for her.  Told you, my new mommy worries a lot.
She went out and bought me a bunch of Beneful Dog Stews.  (NOTE:  My mom does NOT feed me Beneful stews anymore. She feeds me Blue Buffalo Stews.  Beneful is NOT a good food.) She started mixing 2 small spoonfuls of that into my dry dog food.  I'll tell you what, she doesn't have to worry about me eating anymore.  As soon as she puts that down, I immediately eat my food.  I don't wolf it down, I think my missing teeth cause me to take a little more time chewing my food.  My mommy says that I need to eat some dry dog food to help keep my teeth clean. I'd rather eat that chicken stuff all the time.  It's so good!
I don't know why she worries so much, she says it seems like I hardly it, but according to this site's calculator, I eat just enough for my 6 lb little Chinese Crested self.  (Have your dog food ready if you go use that.) See -

Why does she worry?  I'm good!


She has tried many different treats with me too.  I don't care for any of them.  Not even the bacon ones. So far she has tried Canine Carry Outs Bac'n Bites, Natural Ultramix Peanut Butter Dog Cookies, and Hartz Crunch n Clean Dog Biscuits.  Nothing has made me jump up and down with excitement, wag my tail in glee, or gotten anything but a little sniff from me.
Someday she'll find the perfect treat for me that I love.  Until then, I'll have to be happy with the Good girl, Junie!!! You're such a good girl!!! when I go outside and do what she calls go potty.  You know what?  That adoration for her is better than the perfect treat any day.  She keeps trying and trying to find things I'll like that will make me happy and I'm already happy.  I just want to be loved.  And I am now.  So much.

Remember if you have a rescued animal story you'd like to share on my blog, contact my mom!  She would love to have you write a post about how you helped an animal in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment