I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Friday, November 5, 2010

I Hate Baths

Junie & The Boy Who Lives Down The (living room) Hall
I'm just saying.  I hate baths.  Nobody ever bothered to bathe me the first couple of years of my life, I don't know why I need to do it now.  I don't think I'm stinky.

My mommy tried giving me a bath in the kitchen sink the other day and I tried to escape.  That worried her because of how small I am and how up the counter is.  Now she has The Boy Who Lives Down The (living room) Hall give me a shower with him.  She warms up the water, then he picks me up and carries me in as she shuts the shower door.

He uses Serious Skin Care Glycolic Facial Cleanser on my skin where I don't have fur and a conditioning dog shampoo on my hair.  She's likes the facial cleanser for my skin, but she's not sure about the shampoo.  She said if you have any suggestions for a dog shampoo for a dog like me she would love to hear it.

Last night I heard her say that I smelled doggy again and I needed a bath.  I thought that word sounded familiar, but I didn't realize what she meant in time.  When The Boy picked me up and took me to the shower I knew.  Shower time.  He washed me with the facial cleanser, which I have to admit, it I would stop shaking and just enjoy my shower, feels good.  Then he put the shampoo in my hair which you have to let sit for 5 minutes.  So, he tried to play with me, but I just stood there shaking.  I didn't want a bath.

Something fun that The Boy does that The Mom doesn't let me do is to just take off running after my shower.  I shake that water everywhere and then burrow down in my blankets in my bed until I'm dry.  Mom makes me dry off with a towel and then sit wrapped in a blanket on her lap until I'm dry.  I love the lap sitting part, but the shaking of the water part is good revenge after a shower.  It might be better revenge if I was a little bit bigger and had more fur.

She usually uses Renue intensive skin lotion on my skin after a bath. The whole family uses it from when the babies are newborns on up she said.  She was asking everyone last night where it went because the bottle was missing.  No one knew and she said I had to have lotion on my skin so she used Tree Hut Coconut Lime Body Lotion instead.  She said it uses organic shea butter and has no parabens or DMDM so hopefully it would be ok.  She was worried that I'd lick at it, but I didn't.

I do love it when she puts lotion on me.  It's like a little doggy massage.  Dogs with fur don't know what they are missing out on!

Then she got out scissors.  I wasn't quite sure what she was going to do, but I trust her, so I sat still.  She trimmed off a couple of pieces of hair above my nose that kept going into my eyes.  That was kind of nice.  I can see now.  She said she doesn't know if she'll take me to a groomer in the spring to get a normal Chinese Crested cut on my face.  She said she thinks that I am beautiful the way I am.  She loves my fuzzy face.

All in all, it wasn't too bad.  But, I still hate showers.

I'm just saying.

Today, our plans our to go to the vet.  I'm thinking I won't enjoy this.  Last time I went to the vet I got shots and spayed.  I don't think I like the vet either.  My tummy hurt when I left there.  Mommy said that it's just a rescue pet check up.  She's using this time to transfer my vet records to the new vet by us and to let them get to know me.

It's always good to meet your vet before an emergency (God forbid) happens.  Mom said to add that this is important for birds too.  Everyone takes their dog and cat to the vet (or almost everyone), but a lot of people don't think to take their parrots to an avian vet for routine check ups and preventative care.  Always take your birds to an avian vet vs a regular vet.  They have specialized training in birds.  And birds are a different kind of creature, believe me, I know, I live with 7 of them.  Two who fly in circles around the house.  Mom said the exercise is good for them and she lets them out quite a bit.  My mom has to drive to a city 30 minutes away to take the birds to the vet because he is the closest avian vet.  My vet is right down the street.

Wish me luck.  Mom said this shouldn't be painful at all.  They'll do the rescue pet check up and mom wants them to check my ears and a couple of spots on my skin.  There's a couple of bumps that she wants to make sure aren't anything serious.  I told you she was a worry wart.  In her defense, she had a skin cancer scare last year and she takes everyone's skin seriously now, including mine.

I am a lucky dog to have someone who loves me so much they even worry about a little bump on my skin.  She says she's the lucky one.  I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment