I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Monday, November 1, 2010

My First Night Here

I am going to start you at the beginning of my journey with my new mommy.  When she met me, my foster mommy handed me to her and she just started gushing over how cute I was.  (It's true, I am really cute!)  She couldn't believe how tiny I was.  If you have never seen a 6 lb dog, you should.  We're tiny little things.  The funny thing is, my best friend at my foster mom's was a big English Mastiff named Bella.  We were quite the pair.

My foster mom asked my mommy if she wanted to take me home that night.  She was going to wait until Sunday because I had just been spayed, but I was doing so great after my surgery that she thought I'd like to go then.

In my new family, there is my mommy, my daddy, the boy who lives down the hall (mom says he's 11), 2 little girls that live in the room with all the pink toys (6 and 3), and a little boy (20 months) who sleeps where I want to sleep - in bed with my mommy.  All of them are so nice to me.  Any time my mommy takes me out, they want to go too.  It's a rush to the door to see who can get out first.

That first night, my foster mommy was worried that I'd be nervous or scared, but it was all for nothing.  I immediately knew that my new mommy loved me and attached myself to her leg.  She calls me velcro dog.  When we came to my new house, I knew right away that the little pink bed with the fur trim was mine.  I climbed right in it and went to sleep for awhile.  Later on, my mommy had to cover it with a pillow case because I wanted to scratch it apart.  I couldn't help myself, it was shiny and soft and slippery, so much fun to scratch it.

Most of that first night though I spent in my new mommy's lap.  She makes me feel safe and loved.  I wanted to return the favor.  When my new daddy and the boy who lives down the hall got home from a soccer game I could hear them outside.  I went on alert, pricking up my ears, sitting up on my mommy's lap, and growling with my little teeth showing.  My mommy laughed and said, and what would you do if it was a real intruder, you're so tiny honey, I'd have to protect you.  (Little does she know, if someone tried to harm her, I would try my hardest to protect her.  I may be tiny, but I've got a big heart and I love what's mine!)  When my new daddy and the boy came in, I saw that my mommy was ok with them, so I was ok too.

I wasn't quite sure about them though and I stayed with my mommy, even when the daddy called me to him.
He knows I know my name, but he also knows I'd rather be with my mommy.  He's nice and he sneaks me chicken, but I just want to be with her.  Maybe after I've been here awhile I'll spread my attention around to the rest of my new family.

No comments:

Post a Comment