I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dogs Get Stage Fright Too

Junie Enjoying The Final Warm Days Before Snow
You thought my mom was going to start showing me and that I didn't want to do it.

It's true, I have no ambition to be a show dog.  My mommy has no ambition for me to be anything but what I already am either.

No.  I'm talking about last night.  My mommy had to take the oldest boy to the ER.  His stomach was cramping up really bad and she was worried about his appendix.  You can read more about that on her blog. So you don't worry, he's ok.  He had the stomach flu.

My stage fright came in to play when the daddy tried to take me out to go to the bathroom.  Turns out I will only go to the bathroom when my mommy takes me out.  I won't go for the kids either.  My daddy took me out and said, go potty Junie just like mommy does.  I'm shy though.  I don't do my business in front of just anyone.  He stood there and stood there.  I sat there and sat there.  We went back in the house.

It was a little windy out.

He tried again.  Out the door and go potty Junie.  He stood there and stood there.  I sat there and sat there.  He finally called my mommy and said, Junie won't pee.  She said, what do you want me to do from the emergency room?  She told him just to watch for signs that I had to go.

When she (FINALLY) got home at 1 I was so excited to see her!  I jumped up, pawing at her legs, trying to tell her, I have to go!  I have to go!

She took me outside, I did my business, and we went right back in.  I was out a total of 45 seconds.

We walked in and my daddy said, did she go?  Mommy said, yep.  She just doesn't like you to watch her go to the bathroom.

:)

It's true.

This morning, I have an upset stomach.  I haven't eaten yet.  I started to feel funny.  I sat up and started smacking my lips.  My mommy looked at me and said, Junie?  Junie what's wrong?  I didn't have time to try to tell her.  I threw up over the side of my bed.

I hadn't eaten yet today.  I don't really work up an appetite until 11 or so in the morning.  It was just stomach acid.

Mommy got worried.  She cleaned it up then called my vet.  The vet said that dogs get upset tummies just like people do.  If it's only the one time just to watch me.  If it happens again, bring me in to be seen.

I hope I feel better soon.  I don't like having a tummy ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment