I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Success With The Cold

Junie - about as relaxed as a dog can get
I know I have been complaining a lot about the cold lately but I think I had a breakthrough.

All day yesterday my mom thought I was holding it because of the rain and cold.  Little did she know (well, she knew later because one of The Girls told on me) that I was sneaking off to the comfort of The Girls' warm room to do my business.

She took me to the pet store in the early afternoon to buy my food and something she calls puppy pads.

She put one of those pads on the porch and told me to Go Potty.  I sniffed at it.  Why would I potty there?  I sat on it.  It was warmer than the cement.

She kept watching me and watching me and taking me out and taking me out.  Finally to make her happy I went a little on the puppy pad.  The next time she took me out, I went on the cement under the air conditioner.  If she thought I was going to go out in that cold wet grass, she had another thought coming.

Last night I had to go.  I got all antsy because she had shut The Girls' door.  She took me out.  We stood there for 15 minutes.  Me looking at her and her looking at me.  We went back in.  She took me out again.  Same thing.  And again.  And again.  Until I finally tip toed into the grass and did what she wanted me to.  I was not happy about it.

Junie burying into her blankets to get warm after a bath.

This morning she took me out and I ran to the puppy pad and went.  I still had to do the other but it was freezing.  She took me out again and I ran to the rocks and did what I had to do.

Not so bad.  As long as I don't have to touch the grass and get my paws wet I think I'm ok with the rocks.  Mom said the landlord might not be thrilled with it, but since she follows me out with a bag, I say what they don't know what hurt any of us.

Junie again after her bath


I think, if I go really really fast when she lets me out, that I won't have to hibernate this winter.  I'd hate to miss out on all the fun with my family by sleeping it away.

That's the kind my mommy got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment