I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bubba Gump - The Rescued Bull Mastiff

Bubba Gump and Bev

Hi, my name is Bubba Gump.  There's a story to that name which will be revealed.  Some how, I lost my family and couldn't find them  I ran and ran and ran until I was very tired and hot.  So, I sat down on some nice soft, green grass under some trees.  A man came out of the house that belonged to the grass and went right back in.  He brought a lady with him the next time.  You see, I am a Bull Mastiff and he was a bit frightened.  The lady said not to worry, I was just an old softie.  She put a lead on my collar and gave me lots of pets.  Then, a nice drink of cool water, not to much so I wouldn't get sick.  I could hear them talking about what to do.  The man set up a big dog house in the garage for me for resting.  The lady called all the vets to see if someone had been worried about me.  The man took me for a walk in the neighbourhood, in case I had just escaped from the yard, but nobody recognized me.  By now, it was getting dark and time for bed.  The man took some pictures of me and the lady gave me a bath so I could come in the house.  I was given a big bowl of food and some more water.  I had no name yet.  The lady said "well, we can't just call him noname, so what about Bubba Gump?  He reminds me of a Bubba."  So, Bubba Gump I was.

The next day was a flurry of activity while I was whisked off to the vet for a microchip check and more checking on reporting.  Still, no news from my owners.  The lady put an ad for me on Craigslist in case they would find me that way.  The lady and the man here have little dogs, Chinese Cresteds.  One of them had  no clothes on, but had a pretty little hat and boots.  I wanted to play, but they were just a bit worried about me.  I am so big when you are that small.  Finally, we played in the big yard all together and it was fun.  I didn't have to run very fast to keep up, but it was fun anyway.  The lady called me to come in the house, but I pretended not to hear her.  So, she went in the house and brought me out a treat.  I did some of my obedience tricks for her so I could have more treats.  I really loved the lady and sat behind her chair at her desk or with my head on her lap.  She let me do it all day while she worked.  The man took me for long walks for exercise and the lady did too, sometimes.  I was happy, happy, happy.  







Bubba Gump, Bev, and the Cresteds

After a few weeks, the lady said that Bull Mastiff Rescue would take me and find me a nice, permanent place.  So, we drove to a dog show and met the other lady.  She was very pleased to see me and complimented me on how sweet I was (I am, too).  My first lady was crying and didn't really want to let me go, but she wanted me to have a home with people who really wanted a Bull Mastiff in their lives, not just a home with two people who fell in love with one.  Every day, my first lady called the rescue to make sure I was fine and told them if they could not find me a home, I had one with her.  It was only a couple of days later that my new forever people picked me up and took me home.  My name is now Jack, but I miss my time as Bubba Gump.


Junie says:  Bubba Gump, I'm sorry you were lost, but so glad that you were found.  And I'm glad you found a home that will love you forever!

Junie says to check out:  Mastiff Secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment