I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Junie in her Thanksgiving finery
I told mom that I know that she has been sick, but she needs to get on here and wish everyone a happy thanksgiving.  I mean, we all have so much to be thankful for - me for them, and them for me, and all of us for every other blessing we have - a roof over our heads, food in our tummies, someone to take care of us - that us would be me, the kids, and the birds.  Mom and dad take good care of us.  They love us.

She said she agreed and that she had been laying around long enough, so she got up to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving from us here.

We did go to her brother's for Thanksgiving dinner where I found out at the end, I still don't like cats.  I bark, they hiss, mom picks me up, the cats take off hiding, it's all fun and games until they figure out they still have claws in the back and if they kick up like donkeys they could do some damage to me.

Mom brought my bowls and a little dry dog food.  She admits that she spoiled me a bit today. (Her extended family would like her to admit...when DOESN'T she spoil me?)  She gave me a dab of gravy on my food, then mixed in some minced up turkey.  I went to town on that.  Turkey is good stuff.

There were tons of little feet to avoid, so I tried to stay as close to mom as possible.  People thought she was joking when she said, where I move, Junie moves.  It's true.  I watch where she is at all times and if she gets up, I'm right there with her.  I even follow her to the bathroom, you know, just in case there's an emergency.

It was fun and I eventually warmed up to everyone.  I didn't spend all of my time on my mom's lap with my head tucked into the spot between her arm and her side.  I spent sometime laying at her feet watching the kids play.  I thought we had a lot of kids at our house.  We have 4, but The Oldest Boy was with his dad for the weekend. So The Two Girls, The Youngest Boy, then her brother has 3 kids, her other brother has 2 kids, and her sister has 1 (so far). 9 kids, that's 18 feet to avoid.  18 little people feet.  I'm not counting the big feet.  Let's see - The Grandma, The Grandpa, The Sister In Law's Dad, The Brother 1, The Brother 2, The Sister, The Sister In Law, The Brother In Law, My Mom, and My Dad. 10 more people, 20 more feet.  It was safest to stay under mom's feet.

It was a blast, but I'm not sad to be home in my basket, where mom promptly tucked my blanket around me. I am now ready to go off to dreamland where I shall dream of chasing turkeys.  Maybe there will be one in my bowl tomorrow?

P.S. If I look greasy again in the picture above it's because mom had to start my ear drops again.  She noticed I was shaking my head back and forth and licking a lot yesterday.  She got up and smelled my ears and said, yep, the ear infection is back.  She had some drops left after my 7 days worth that she gave me, so she got those out until she can get me to the vet to recheck my ears again.  They leave me all greasy on top.  I'm still beautiful though!

Junie Says To Check Out:  Zack & Zoey Safari Dress Sm Red Leopard

No comments:

Post a Comment