I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just Another Day

Junie and one of The Girls
Just another day is turning into every day and I love it!  I have a full tummy, a warm lap to sleep in, I get to go outside and run around in the sun, I'm clean, I'm healthy, just another day is the most wonderful thing for me now!

One of The Boys (the one who lives down the living room hall) is home sick today.  Mom says he was actually sick yesterday but because he got sick at school he can't go back for 24 hours.  I don't mind him being home.  He's been rubbing my belly all day.  I live for having my belly rubbed.  My mommy said it looks like I'm in a trance when someone rubs my tummy.  All I know is that when my belly is rubbed, I get all sleepy, and my eyes start to close, and my head lays on whoever is rubbing my tummy, and it's just heaven.  Mommy caught a picture of me after he rubbed my belly until I went to sleep last night.

Junie after a good belly rub! The girl gave her the girl's favorite sheep to sleep with.


I thought I would show you some of the stories that I tweeted out yesterday.  You can see my tweets in my left sidebar and you can follow me on Twitter here.
After being trapped in horrendous conditions, more than two-dozen rescued canines in Cincinnati will soon enjoy a better life.
Junie says:  Those 30 dogs were saved before it was too late!  They all need saved!

24 dogs rescued from a home in La Grande, Ore.
Many of these dogs malnourished, with over grown toe nails, and infections.
Another worry is not knowing how many litters each had. Too many litters can create tumors and other health issues.
"Certainly looks like these females have been breed a number of times, it's hard to say, but that's the typical situation," he adds.
Junie says: I know just what those little dogs went through.  I was in one too.  I hope they all find forever homes with loving families like I did. They all need saved!


Woman arrested for animal cruelty
Upon arrival at the residence, officers found a horse on the property with no food or water, and numerous deceased animals in various stages of decomposition around the property. They also observed dogs, cats, birds and other animals in the residence both inside and outside of cages. All of the animals appeared to be in various stages of neglect, according to the Tulare County Sheriff’s Department.
Officers were able to obtain a search warrant and entered the residence to secure the animals, which included dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, parakeets, cockatiels, a chinchilla, a cockatoo, and a rooster.
“At that time, approximately 200 animals were located at the residence and 44 were of those were deceased,” said sheriff’s spokesperson Chris Douglass. “Animal Control took possession of (all) the animals.”
Junie says: Not all were saved, but some were.  Thank you for getting the ones out you could.  They all need saved!

Animal Hero Award Given To Police Detective
Several cases Moscarelli has recently worked resulted in convictions leading to jail time, probation, fines, or some combination. Two were jailed for abandoning dogs in apartments — a not uncommon form of animal neglect/abuse. Another was sent to prison for nine months for kicking a pup to death and another was fined for mistreatment of dozens of farm livestock and poultry, plus forfeiture of the creatures.
Junie says: YAY!  He saves them!!

Puppy Thrower Banned From Owning Pets
Beal  took the puppy home in January this year but  became upset with the pet and threw it  several times against the wall.
The puppy, which had been given to her by a friend, died from its injuries.
Junie says: Why don't they do this more often?  Like to the woman who was found with 25 live cats and 82 dead ones packed into a freezer.

That's just a few of the animal welfare stories that came out (along with others I tweeted).  If you hear of anything, let me know and we'll share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment