I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

We Don't Need A Groomer!

Junie the other day, pre-hair cut
I don't know what I did to deserve this.  I really don't.  Dad decided the boys' hair was getting too long last night so he cut their hair.

Mom said she had an appointment set up to get me groomed (didn't know what that was) on December 15th, her birthday, who wants to celebrate their birthday doing that (now that I know what it is)?  I guess mom does.  Mom was nervous because she doesn't think I've ever been groomed before and she was worried it would scare me.  It probably would if it involved people I don't know.

Dad said why are you going to pay someone to do it?  I can do it.  I used to help my mom groom the poodles.  She said, but you have to be very careful.  She already has a scar in her eye from God knows what at the puppy mill.  I don't want her to jump and you to nick her.

I had no idea what they were talking about until I was in this position.

Dad grooming Junie
That was incredibly strange.  I would like to know who in the world thinks it is ok to shave a dog's hair off?  I liked my hair.

He used that strange machine on me to get the long hair off, then he used scissors to do the rest.  Mom was flinching every time.  I'm not sure why.  He wasn't hurting me.  And I sat really still.

When it came time to do my legs, mom held me in her arms and told me what a good girl I was while dad  trimmed the hair.  I have to say, I didn't mind that part at all.  I love being petted and told how wonderful I am.

When it was all done, mom went and got me some of the chicken breast that they made for supper.  That made it all worth it!  Chicken breast is my favorite!  The kids had already sneaked me quite a bit of it (they think mom doesn't know) but I was up for more.

Dad said if mom wants it cut closer in the traditional Chinese Crested cut that they are going to have get a beard trimmer.  He said it's a smaller version of the machine he was using in the picture above.  That was in too big to get a good nice close shave on a little thing like me.

Mom keeps giggling every time she looks at me now.  Then she says, oh Junie, you're so cute!

Junie's face after her trim - she can see now!
I have to admit, it is nice to be able to see now.  I had these hairs that kept popping in front of my eyes before.  That piece that hangs down over my nose in the picture is what mom calls my cowlick.    She told dad to leave it because it can be pulled back in a pony tail when she puts my hair up.  I think he should just cut it off if that means she won't pull my hair up ever again.

All in all, it wasn't too bad.  I'd rather have my family doing that to me than a stranger I don't know.  Strangers make me nervous and I shake so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment