I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Monday, December 20, 2010

What Is This White Stuff?

Junie And The Oldest Girl
Mom says that it's snow.  I don't think I have ever stepped in snow before. (Puppy mill dog, remember?  Lived in a cage for years.)  It snowed for the first time the other day.  Real snow.  Not just the flurries that wetted down the grass and made me not want to step in it.  A whole bunch of it that covered the grass, covered the porch, covered everywhere I like to go when I go outside.  So not thrilled.

Mom shoveled a spot on the porch and put a puppy pad out there so I wouldn't have to go out into the snow to do my thing but I didn't like that either for the first few days.  I snuck off to the girls' room and did it in there.  Mom was persistent though and kept taking me out and putting me on the puppy pad.  She kept a good eye on me, saying Junie.....every time she saw me heading to the girls' room.  I can't help myself, when she says my name I have to stop what I'm doing and go to her.  It's a trick I tell you.  She says my name then she would scoop me up and put me on that puppy pad outside.  It was so cold out.  It still is.  I finally gave in and started using the puppy pad.  Then I started sneaking off behind the grill to go in the rocks on the porch.  She'd stop me by just saying my name again and I'd head back to the pad.

After a few days of this, I did start investigating that cold white stuff.

Junie investigating the snow for the first time
I'm not saying I like it but I found it it was safe to run around in for a few seconds to get a little exercise.  Then I jet towards the door and hope someone opens it quickly so I don't have to sit around in the cold and wait for them to open it.  I have found it's safe to go out in it after it's been packed down by the kids running around in it.  If I venture out into the fluffier stuff, I sink.

Sinking is not cool.  It makes my tummy cold and wet.  I don't like to be cold and wet.

I also found a new sleeping spot at night.  My bed is right beside my mom's bed, but she finally moved it after I insisted on sleeping up against this long white thing that blows out hot air in her room.  She moved my bed in front of it so I could sleep near the hot air but not against it.  She said she was worried it would be too hot for me.  She checked it multiple times and it doesn't get so hot that it burns you, but she still worries about me being right up against it.

It feels so good though.  It's enough to have my bed up next to it.  I stay warm all night long.  I'd be warmer if she'd let me sleep in her bed next to her but she says that's too dangerous.  The youngest boy sleeps in bed with mom and dad and he flails a lot at night.  She's afraid he would kick me.

We're supposed to get more of that white stuff in the next couple of days. I think I'll just lay in my bed up against that white thing and hibernate like the bears do.  Mom said she is all for it.

Junie Says To Check Out: Earth Friendly Products Ice Melt (because it's safe for dogs)

No comments:

Post a Comment