I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Current News About Animals

Alyce and One of the Girls reading
I've been way too sporadic in posting.  Mom has decided that even on days that nothing is going on with me, she needs to help me post stories of animals around the world.

More interesting to hear about than how many times I use the girls room is my personal bathroom to avoid going out in the snow I would assume.  (Mom's kept a good eye on me and I didn't do it for a few days.  Then she took me outside this morning, I did my thing, then 5 minutes later she heard a shout from one of the girls, MOM! Junie pood in our room.

A dog's got to do what a dog's got to do right?  On to the news.

Justin Bieber Promotes Animal Adoption - The boy uses his name for good, just like Justin Bieber's nail polish line which I think the proceeds of which are going to charity.
Proposed Virginia Bill Amends Animal Welfare Code I know that some people actually need laws like this to get them to do what they should be doing already, but I think it's sad that a law is needed to make people do things like provide food and water for their animals that they CHOSE to have under their care.
Animal Welfare Under Resourced in Israel Animals face the same problems all over the world.  The releasing of pigeons into the wild concerns my mom.  If they have been raised by humans their whole lives, they have no idea how to survive in the wild.  I know our birds wouldn't begin to know what to do out there.  What's more humane though?  Wasting away in a cage when nobody wants you or flying off to try to make it out there in the big bad world that you've no experience with.  6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
IFAW Partners with PetFlow.com to Help Animals in Need I added this to the Companies who support Rescues page.
Parsing the new ‘humane’ food labels I'll agree, labels can be confusing.  The picture at the top makes me sad.
Animal cruelty trial continues for twins accused of burning pit bull - The picture will break your heart.
Lawyer in Hawaii says animal cruelty trial for peacock killing is 'ridiculous' Yes because if something makes a little noise that annoys you you should bludgeon it to death.  So ridiculous. People amaze me.
China Bans Animal Circuses, Issues New Warning To Zoos About Abuse I think this is the first time we have ever said this.  WOOT WOOT China for banning animal circuses.  The US needs to follow in their footsteps!
Utah Bill Declares Open Season on Feral Animals Way to take a few steps back in civility Utah.
Century Man Arrested On Six Animal Cruelty Charges The pictures will bring tears.  At least they did for me.
To buy or not to buy, that is the question Great article.  Gee, I'm from the third largest puppy mill state.  Not really a surprise since I spent the first few years of my life in one.
Police investigating after HSGB informed of decapitated dog [Warning: Graphic Images] Sickening.  Just sickening.
Almost 200 Dogs Rescued from Northwest Harris County Home If we had a house my mom would foster a couple of my Chinese Crested brothers/sisters.
Where To Look For Buying A Puppy Good tips

Now to stay caught up on all of the news articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment