I am a 3 year old 6 lb rescued hairy hairless Chinese Crested. I am fighting for the other animals that are in the situation I was in. Read more about me here.
There are more animals euthanized than people want to know.
Please support No Kill Shelters!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Catching Up

Junie hanging by mom's desk
Everyone has been sick around here.  Mom, one of the Girls, the Littlest Boy was taken to the ER the other night with something wrong with his eye.  It looked like it hurt a lot.

Tis the season mom says.

I'm healthy.

Mom says I've put on a couple of pounds.  I noticed that some of my clothes weren't fitting right.  The Velcro would completely pop open or mom couldn't get it fastened.  Mom said I weighed 6 lbs when I came to live with them and she thinks I am up to 8 or so now.  She said we'll know for sure what I weigh after my next vet visit.  She gave most of my clothes away on reuseit to another couple of dogs that wanted to stay warm in the snow.  She held on to my dresses hoping she could fix them so they'd fit me again but then decided she'd just get me new dresses.  She gave those to the chihuahua upstairs though she doesn't really look like she'd fit into them.  Her mom said she weighs 3 lbs right now and isn't going to get a lot bigger.  And I thought I was small.

With the cold weather I've been taking off to use the girls' room instead of going outside.  I know it frustrates mom but it's soooooo cold out there.  She takes me out and we stand and we stand and we stand and look at it each other.  After 10 minutes she decides I'm not going to go.  We come in, she watches me, and watches me, and watches me.  When she finally takes her eyes off of me I sneak into the girls' room.  She knows when the girls yell, MOM!  Junie pooped in our room.  Tattletales.

Mom's been taking me out every hour but man, I hate the snow.  I have a puppy pad on the porch but it's still cold.  I cannot wait until the snow melts and I can go back out on the grass again.

Other than that, it's been more of the same.  I've been spending a lot of time barking lately now that I found my voice.  Mom laughs when I actually think there's a threat and I bark from under that.  She doesn't laugh when I'm barking at midnight from the safety of my bed.  She's afraid that the neighbors will call the apartment manager or that I will wake up one of the kids but I can't help it.  When I hear something I have to let everyone know.  You never know what it could be.  Isn't that what every good dog does?

On the plus side, my ear infection seems to be gone finally.  Mom has been using Vet's Best Ear Relief Wash & Dry and giving me acidophilus.  Huge difference.  No smelly ears.  No major licking.  No tilting my head from side to side.  I feel much better.

We're going to get to work tweeting out some news stories about animals.  If you aren't following me on Twitter yet, please do.  I'm @Junie_Be.

Junie says to check out Housetraining For Dummies

No comments:

Post a Comment